Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bo's Got a Rep

I took Bo out for his mid-morning walk and we ran across a bear. I spotted the bear prior to Bo getting a whiff. Most of the time Bo has his nose to the ground. Being the hound that he is.

BUT, this bear caught a whiff of Bo and put on his brakes, did the silliest 180 spin (black bear paws' tangling up and flying everwhere) and tore down the side of mountain.

Bo never knew he was there. When we got to the area the bear did his 180 - Bo high sniffed the 'aire', albeit it was a passing interest on his part.

We did have an audience tho. An entire family of about 10 folks was on one of the cabin's decks high up on the hill and thanked Bo for scaring the bear. It seems the bear had tried to get into their jeep and tore a hole in the side of the canvas top.

Note: When I'm out this time of year - during our walks I yell every so often (like a mad mtn women) 'Bo, tell the bears you're out here!! Woof!! Woof!!' Humaliting for Bo - but, I really don't want any more encounters than my heart can take.


Altho, this is what Bo thinks.

abcded
BTW... this post's bear picture is one of my neighbor's. It is not the bear we saw this morning. Altho, it's about the same size. A teenager.

No comments: