Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Portrait of Black Bear in Fence


I'm so excited about this photo. Another one from my neighbor. But, with this one I was involved. This was prior to Memorial day and I was still gauging whether Bo could be let outside, chaperoned by me of course, off-leash or the presence of bears was so prolific that he had to be leash at all times.

This was one of those days he was off-leash. Luckily for me, he immediately went to his gully to start sniffing and whatnots. I looked over at one of the cabins down the road and lo' and behold' there's a bear sniffing and whatnots at the cabin's bearproof trash can. I immediately called and leashed Bo (he's such a good boy) and then ran over to my neighbor's house and almost banged down the door knocking.

'There's a bear, there's a bear"

"Where" she responded

"Over there"

(This cryptic understood conversation between neighbors takes years to develop. She knew exactly what I was communicating - 'Get Your Camera'. You gotta love her.)

She ran back inside and got her camera. At this point, Bo realizes what all the excitement is about and starts barking at the bear. The bear realizing Bo is on leash (I know they know when he's leashed vs off-leash - I'll explain later - just remember in these parts that all the animals know. They're smarter then anyone wants to give them credit for.) -- bear ignores Bo, but decides to casually leave the area.

My neighbor with her many years of bear photography expertise snaps this excellent portrait shot of one of our bears. Whilst calling the neighbor where the bear is located. So talented.

Isn't it fabulous? Look at that face!! and the picture perfect surroundings.

No comments: